The text is for informational purposes only. We urge you not to use diets, do not resort to any medical menus and fasting without medical supervision. Recommended reading: " Why you can't go on a diet on your own". Pimples (skin rashes, acne, acne) is a cosmetic problem that is traditionally considered typical for teenagers, but rashes on the skin often bother adults as well. Most of the fair sex, noticing uninvited "guests", often make the same traditional mistake: they cover up pimples with decorative cosmetics. This is only a momentary solution that will not remove the problem itself, but simply masks its manifestations. In order to choose the best method of getting rid of acne, you should contact a beautician and review your diet. It is about what you eat that the specialist will first ask when you come to see him.
Proper diet is one of the important components in the fight for healthy and beautiful skin. Only an integrated approach that combines external means and the right diet can once and for all save you from skin rashes. Any inflammatory processes, the appearance of acne or acne signal that it's time to pick up a diet for acne.
Causes of acne
The causes of any skin rashes vary. The case may be in the instability of the hormonal background, diseases of some internal organs and other disorders in the body. However, most often acne signals that there are certain errors in the diet that need to be eliminated.
For example, nutritionists have long found out that excess sugar leads to intensive production of insulin, which, in turn, provokes an increase in the level of male hormones androgens. As a result, the production of sebum increases, which clogs the pores. This is the first step to acne.
In addition, experts have long established a connection between the condition of the skin and the condition of the intestines. The diet of a modern person is far from ideal, and therefore it often causes disturbances in the digestive tract. As a result, slags and toxins accumulate in the body, and metabolic processes slow down. The intestine ceases to fulfill its immediate function, it simply cannot cope with the removal of toxic substances that are absorbed and begin to destroy the body from the inside. The skin is connected to the cleansing function, "dumping" toxins through the pores. As a result, there is irritation, acne, the notorious "black spots" and acne.
Therefore, it is the cleansing of the intestines and the normalization of the digestive tract that are the first step towards getting rid of skin problems.
Basic principles of the acne diet
can only provide general advice. Each organism is individual, and therefore it is necessary to draw up a diet gradually, taking into account all the features, lifestyle and possible intolerance to certain products. A rapid and abrupt change in diet can have a negative impact on well-being
The first step in the fight for healthy skin, as noted above, should be the normalization of the intestines. In order to get rid of dysbacteriosis, soluble dietary fiber and pectin should be included in your diet, which help create a favorable environment for the reproduction of beneficial microflora.
How food is processed is of great importance. For those who have skin problems, nutritionists recommend minimizing the presence of fried foods in the diet. Use a double boiler or slow cooker - they will help not only cook with a minimum amount of fats, but also preserve the maximum amount of vitamins and minerals in foods.
For problematic skin, a daily intake of foods high in zinc is recommended. We are talking about wheat bran, liver, lean beef and seafood. Zinc is a trace element, which has a positive effect on the functioning of the sebaceous glands, normalizes their functions.
Vitamins are also responsible for the condition of the skin. Thus, vitamin A, due to its outstanding anti-inflammatory properties, promotes wound healing, removes redness and peeling, and evens out the skin relief. The highest concentration of this substance is in fish oil, carrots, corn, apricots, dairy products.
B vitamins should also be included in the diet. They stimulate the renewal of epidermal cells, metabolic processes and are responsible for cell regeneration. You can find these vitamins in cheese, cabbage, wheat groats, buckwheat, liver and kidneys.
Vitamin E is called the "vitamin of youth" for a reason. It effectively stimulates the processes of cell regeneration, has a lifting effect, maintains the water-lipid balance in the body, helping to solve the problem of dry skin, peeling, age spots. This miraculous vitamin is present in sunflower, cottonseed and soybean oil, sprouted wheat, green peas, boiled eggs, parsley.
Finally, for any skin problems, fish must be included in the diet. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, whose role in skin condition cannot be overestimated. These substances have powerful anti-inflammatory properties, stopping even chronic processes. They accelerate the healing process, are responsible for the elasticity of the skin, tone it.
The list of products recommended for people with problem skin is quite wide. Nutritionists advise regulating their presence in the diet, focusing solely on their own well-being and possible intolerance:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits. They are rich in fiber, which is responsible for the normalization of bowel function. Nutritionists recommend at least once a month to spend fasting vegetable or fruit days.
- Porridge should be consumed at least three times a week. Stop your choice on buckwheat, oatmeal, brown rice.
- Bread is allowed in limited quantities. It is better to choose rye, coarse grinding.
- Dairy products should also be on the menu. Choose not too fat cottage cheese, do not forget about kefir.
- Lean meats - beef, turkey, chicken skinless. Meat should be present in the diet at least twice a week. Steam or grill it.
- Olive oil is a natural healthy source of a whole list of useful substances. Add it to vegetable salads.
- Pure water, mineral water without gas. Proper drinking regimen (at least eight glasses daily) promotes cell regeneration and overall rejuvenation of the body.
- Green tea is a source of the anti-inflammatory chemical element catechin. It is better not to add sugar to it.
- Nuts are a storehouse of selenium and omega-3 fatty acids. Of course, you should choose nuts in their “natural” form, without chemical flavorings.
Certain foods in our diet should be avoided in case of any skin problems. If you are not able to completely abandon them, then at least reduce the use of all of the following to a minimum.
So, the "black list":
- Any smoked meats, even homemade, fast food, semi-finished products.
- Seasonings. Fans of spicy treats can add garlic to meals - it has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps cleanse the blood. The taste of the salad will help to reveal the ginger root, which has the same properties.
- Fatty meats and fish - they should be replaced with lean ones.
- Strong black tea, coffee.
- Muffin, white bread.
- Sweets: sugar, confectionery, chocolate. Very sweet fruits are also banned: bananas, figs, grapes. For those who are not able to completely give up their favorite "sweets", nutritionists recommend replacing sugar with honey.
- Foods high in iodine : seaweed, iodized salt.
It is believed that excess of this substance in the diet can cause acne.
Diet for acne - sample menu
As noted above, there is no single correct diet for acne. The diet should be based on the general recommendations of nutritionists and your own preferences. A sample menu for the week might look like this.
Monday: in the morning, cook wheat porridge with the addition of milk. Finish your meal with green tea without sugar. Satisfy your hunger with borscht in lean beef broth for lunch. Do not add fried dressing. A glass of green tea is allowed. For dinner, enjoy baked fish and a vegetable salad that can be topped with garlic.
Start Tuesday with a hard-boiled egg, low-fat cottage cheese with berries, and no-sugar tea. For lunch, chicken broth, vegetable stew, a piece of chicken and a glass of tomato juice are recommended. We will have dinner with buckwheat with vegetable salad and a piece of chicken.
Wheat porridge and a glass of kefir are allowed for breakfast on Wednesday. For lunch, prepare chicken soup, and the evening meal will consist of beef liver stewed with vegetables. Quench your thirst with compote.
On Thursday I prepared a salad of cheese and tomatoes for you for breakfast. A piece of rye bread is allowed. For dessert - pear. Don't forget green tea without added sugar. At lunch, satisfy your hunger with vegetable soup and a piece of steamed fish. A glass of berry fruit drink is allowed. We will have supper with cottage cheese with bran and fruits and a glass of green tea.
Friday will start with buckwheat with milk. For sweets - fruits. We have lunch with soup on lean beef broth, and for dinner we feast on stewed chicken with brown rice. Quench your thirst with green tea.
On Saturday, breakfast will be cottage cheese with berries and compote. We will have lunch with chicken broth with a piece of chicken and vegetable salad. Evening meal - baked fish, vegetable salad with garlic and a glass of yogurt.
Sunday will start with steamed chicken cutlets, fruits and green tea. At lunch, borsch on lean beef broth, rye bread and vegetables are allowed. We will have supper with cottage cheese with bran, and we will quench our thirst with home-made yogurt.
- Stoppard M. A. – A book about face and body. – Minsk, 1993
- Minina VN, Ivanova MS, Ganskau E. Yu. – Healthy eating in the context of everyday life of Russians. – 2018
- Tarasova N. S., Lavrenchuk A. A. – Proper nutrition as a guarantee of health and longevity. – 2008