Skin Vitamins - Nutrients that support the health, youth and beauty of the dermis. Nutrients are actively involved in metabolism, collagen production and energy for the life of the body.
Lack of vitamins, macro- and microelements leads to a deterioration in health, the development of diseases (polyneuritis, pellagra, rickets, scurvy, beriberi, paresthesia, night blindness), peeling of the skin, the appearance of acne, blackheads, bruises under the eyes, age spots on the face, exfoliation of nails, hair loss.
Causes of the deterioration of the dermis
Skin is the outer covering of the human body, consisting of 350 million constantly renewing cells. The condition of the epidermis, nails and hair directly depends on the state of the body, the presence of internal diseases. Interestingly, diseases of the intestines, lungs, heart, digestive system and liver immediately leave an imprint on a person's appearance.
In addition, the following factors worsen the condition of the skin, hair, nails:
- alcohol abuse;
- poor environmental conditions;
- unbalanced diet, abundance of simple carbohydrates, fatty foods on the menu;
- over-intensive sports;
- rigid diets;
- stress and fatigue;
- sunburn abuse;
- antibiotic treatment.
From the age of 25, the skin loses 1.5% of its main components every year, which contributes to the deterioration of its condition. It is from this age that it is important to regularly maintain and nourish the dermis in order to slow down the natural aging process of the body.
“Rejuvenating” components for the skin
The idea of supplementing external skin care with supplements and vitamins first appeared in Japan and the USA. So there was a line of "beauty" products aimed at nourishing the skin from the inside.
What components in dietary supplements are of the greatest value for the dermis? These are polyphenols, collagen, coenzyme Q10, phytoestrogens, hyaluronic acid.
Let's consider in detail about each component.
- Polyphenols. They are plant pigments that act as powerful antioxidants. They exhibit anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effects, reduce permeability,fragility of capillaries, improve blood circulation. The largest representative of polyphenols are flavonoids, which are found in apples, pomegranates, cranberries, grapes, dark chocolate, green tea.
- Collagen. It is a structural protein, the basis of the connective tissues of the human body. Responsible for tone, firmness and elasticity of the skin. The lack of collagen triggers the aging process, provokes the appearance of wrinkles on the face.
To build a compound molecule, it is important to provide the body with essential amino acids that stimulate the formation of proteins. Thanks to this, the skin, hair, nails remain strong and healthy.
- Coenzyme Q10. Resists dryness of the epidermis, protects skin collagen from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, stimulates cell division and renewal.
- Phytoestrogens. These are beauty hormones that make up for the lack of female estrogen in the body, the production of which is rapidly declining with age. They give the skin a smooth, healthy, radiant appearance, fight baldness, acne, oily seborrhea caused by excessive testosterone production.
- Hyaluronic acid. It is a component of the extracellular matrix involved in moisturizing and regenerating skin tissues. With age, the synthesis of acid in the body stops, the rate of its decay increases, which leads to the appearance of signs of aging.
Thus, in mature skin, the synthesis of its own “youth” components decreases, and in the absence of proper care, the epidermis rapidly loses its original elasticity, begins to sag and become wrinkled. Vitamins for the dermis will help stop age-related changes.
The main vitamins for skin, nails, hair
As a rule, by appearance you can easily determine which nutrients your body lacks. Consider how a deficiency of vitamins, macro- and microelements affects the condition of nails, hair, and skin. And also, what is the daily rate of their consumption and what they contain.
|Substance||Value||How deficiency manifests itself||Daily value, milligram||Natural sources|
|Vitamin C||Gives elasticity to the skin, promotes the synthesis of new collagen fibers||The dermis becomes dull, flabby, age spots appear and a vascular pattern appears on the face||70 - 100||Blackcurrant, viburnum, rosehip, orange, sweet pepper, lemon, spinach|
|Vitamin A||Protects mucous membranesorgans and skin from adverse environmental factors||The skin becomes inflamed, flaky and dry, red spots appear on it||1.5 – 2||Sour cream, seaweed, cottage cheese, eel, garlic, oysters, cheese, pork|
|Vitamin B2||Participates in cellular respiration and metabolic processes||“Jumps”, cracks on the lips appear, frequent dermatitis bothers||1.3 - 1, 6||Mackerel, almonds, liver, boletus, mushrooms, chanterelles, goose, egg|
|Vitamin B7||Activates the regeneration of cells of nails, hair, skin||Wounds do not heal for a long time, the hair thins, the dermis becomes pale, flaky||0.15 – 0.3||Oatmeal, wheat, chicken, pistachios, processed cheese, corn, peas, cod|
|Vitamin E||Exhibits powerful antioxidant activity – stabilizes intracellular processes, slows down aging||The skin becomes rough, dries out, hair loses its natural shine||8 – 10||Hazelnuts, peanuts, cashew, almond, walnut, squid, dried apricots, eel, salmon, pike perch, prunes|
|Vitamin PP||Participates in the production of enzymes that provide cellular respiration of the skin||Lips become bluish, the dermis becomes pale and dry||14 – 28||Wheat, horse mackerel, tuna, rabbit, beef, chicken, turkey, peanuts, peas, pike|
|Vitamin B9||Protects blood vessels from destruction, accelerates the renewal of skin cells||Hair becomes lifeless, dull, brittle, falls out strongly||1.0||Broccoli, barley, almonds, mushrooms, horseradish, beans, liver, lettuce, beef|
|Selenium||It is a powerful antioxidant that prevents damage to cell membranes from free radicals||Alopecia areata develops, acne appears on the back and skin||0.05 – 0.07||Egg, corn, rice, peanuts, pistachios, lentils, turkey, cabbage, octopus, pork, chicken|
|Zinc||Participates in all metabolic reactions, is needed for development, cell division||Hair begins to fall out, transverse grooves form on the nails||10 - 15||Duck, oatmeal, turkey, pine nuts, liver, lamb, buckwheat, chicken|
|Calcium||Responsible for building bonetissue, maintains normal permeability of cell membranes||Hair becomes thinner, split, skin loses elasticity, becomes dry, nails exfoliate, break||800 – 1000||Cream, mustard, cheese, walnut, barley groats, pistachios, hazelnuts, garlic, sour cream, beans, cottage cheese|
|Manganese||Maintains the stability of the structure of cell membranes, neutralizes free radicals, ensures the normal formation of connective and bone tissues, normalizes muscle function||Pigmentation appears on the skin and finely scaly rash, nail and hair growth retarded||5–10||Beets, pasta, lettuce, apricot, peanuts, walnuts, spinach, chanterelles, beef, liver|
|Sulfur||Included in melanin, which protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation||Nails become brittle, skin – flabby, hair becomes thinner and loses its shine, rashes appear on the dermis, itching||1.0||Pike, sea bass, rabbit, beef, pork, turkey, flounder salmon, sardine, egg, chicken|
|participates in the synthesis of collagen, provides a complete metabolism of proteins, fats, carbohydrates||Hair growth slows down, nails exfoliate, wrinkles, swelling appear, the face acquires an unhealthy shade||400 - 500||Seaweed, oatmeal, peas, beans, millet, buckwheat, cashews, peanuts, almonds, barley groats|
|) Copper||Protects collagen from destruction, serves as a constituent element of superoxide dismutase||Early gray hair appears, predisposition to the development of vitiligo, allergic dermatosis increases||1.5 – 3||Octopus, shrimp, beef a, pork, liver, pasta, lentils, wheat, rice, walnuts|
determine which vitamins your body lacks and hurry to fill this gap. Remember, youth is not eternal and an integrated approach is required to maintain skin, hair, and nails in good condition.
Vitaminized masks from natural products, massage sessions, proper nutrition, mesotherapy, intake of sufficient water and nutrients will help slow down age-related changes, prevent acne, acne, early wrinkles, gray hair.
A + E = Healthy skin
Retinol and tocopherol are the strongest antioxidants necessary for epidermal cellsand dermis. They stimulate the production of collagen fibers and elastin, slow down tissue aging, protect the skin from the adverse effects of environmental factors. In addition, vitamin A helps retain moisture in cells and prevents the accumulation of toxins.
Ascorbic, nicotinic acids, riboflavin, biotin play a secondary role.
Remember, the skin will have a blooming appearance only when all useful elements are supplied to the body in sufficient quantities: from food, from pharmaceuticals, fortified cosmetics. However, overnutrition of nutrients is no less dangerous than their deficiency. An excess of vitamin A causes tissue dehydration, the appearance of age spots, B1 - herpes, B5 - burning, itching, redness of the skin, B12 - acne, C - acne.
B3 + B5 = Shiny hair
Complexes containing niacin and pantothenic acid not only improve the functional state of the body, strengthen nails and restore skin, but also give natural shine to strands. Vitamins B3 and B5 restore damaged curls: moisturize and promote the formation of pigment in the hairline. Not superfluous will be beta-carotene (A), tocopherol (E), ascorbic acid (C), which accelerate the growth of hair and resist the aggression of ultraviolet radiation.
If fruit masks, cosmetics do not improve hair condition, enrich the diet with foods rich in B3, B5 or take additional nutrients in the form of nutritional supplements. To nourish the scalp and curls, it is recommended to add liquid niacin and pantothenic acid in ampoules to balms and shampoos. Vitamin mixtures are prepared immediately before application to the strands. They moisturize and nourish split ends, give basal volume, improve the functioning of the sebaceous glands, restore shine.
B1 + C = Strong nails
Without enough ascorbic acid and thiamine in the daily diet, it is impossible to grow long beautiful nails. It is not in vain that manicurists give unusual advice to women: regularly drink kefir in the evening and eat oatmeal for breakfast. These foods contain nutrients that stimulate nail growth.
Vitamin B1 is involved in the formation of the main component of the cornea - keratin protein, C - supports the plate, protecting it from overdrying, thinning, damaging effects of sunlight, dust, high temperature. A secondary role is played by B5 (normalizes water balance in tissues), A + E (protects against free radicals), H (prevents scratches, cracks on the surface), D (supports the structure of the nail).
In addition to the use of vitamin-mineral complexes,containing missing nutrients, regularly spend twice a week baths with apple cider vinegar, oil massage based on wheat germ, lemon compresses. These procedures will stimulate the growth of the nail plates and strengthen them.
Vitamin masks for the skin
For the elasticity of the dermis and improve the tone of the face, it is recommended to regularly apply moisturizing nourishing masks 2-4 times a week. The mixture is evenly distributed over the skin, bypassing the area around the eyes and lips, kept for 15 minutes, washed off with thermal water. Remember, all masks are applied exclusively to the previously cleansed dermis.
The leaders in the content of vitamins for the skin are: lemon, apple, plum, raspberry, grapes, tomato, egg yolk, sour cream, olive oil, cinnamon, cottage cheese, aloe.
The best nourishing fruit masks:
- Apple. Contains vitamins C, E, PP. Cleanses the dermis, reduces pores, tightens oily skin. To prepare the mask, peel one apple, grate it on a fine grater. Enter into the fruit puree 5 milliliters of lemon juice and 2.5 milliliters of honey, olive oil.
- Raspberry. Contains vitamins A, B1, B2, which effectively moisturize and whiten combination skin. Pound 30 grams of berries into a homogeneous mass, add 15 grams of wheat bran, 2 drops of ginseng essential oil and 5 coconut.
- Plum. Contains vitamins A, E, H, B1, B2. Softens and moisturizes dry skin. Peel three large plums, chop them and mix with one chicken yolk, 2.5 milliliters of natural honey, 30 grams of buckwheat flour.
- Banana. Nourishes, restores the skin, relieves peeling. Grind half a peeled banana in a puree, add 30 milliliters of heavy cream (sour cream), drip 6 drops of liquid vitamin E.
for dry skin care. The only difference is that the concentration of vitamins in them is increased by 2-4 times. This is due to the fact that the fading dermis requires more nutrients than the young one.
Anti-aging masks are applied to the face in a thin layer for 20 minutes in the evening, then washed off with warm water. After that, you do not need to use the cream. The course of the procedures is two weeks. They are held twice a year: in spring and autumn. By the end of the first course, a visible effect is achieved: wrinkles are smoothed out, the tone of the face improves, pigment spots are brightened. To fix it, regularly carry out procedures twice a year for 14 days.
- With lemon, honey. Lightens age spots, tightens pores, gives elasticity to the dermis. Suitable for oily skin. Combine 5 milliliters of yogurt, honey, lemon juice, add 10 drops of liquid vitamin E.
- With aloe and vitamins B1, B12. Improves cellular metabolism, relieves inflammation. Method of preparation: mix one chicken egg, 15 milliliters of 20% fat sour cream, linden honey, 50 grams of cottage cheese, one ampoule of thiamine, cyanocobalamin, 8 drops of lemon juice.
- With honey, cinnamon. Nourishes the epidermis with vitamins of group B, as well as C, PP, A, E, C. Stimulates blood circulation, is used for sagging skin, which has an earthy unhealthy color. Mix 30 grams of cottage cheese, 2.5 grams of dry ground cinnamon, 5 milliliters of honey. Grind the mass thoroughly.
- With parsley and cream. Supplies the dermis with vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B6, enzymes and minerals. Promotes cell regeneration, relieves swelling, redness, brightens and tones the skin, relieves acne. Pound a bunch of parsley into a homogeneous mass, mix with 15 milliliters of cream.
Masks for the area around the eyes
Moisturize, nourish, soften the delicate dermis, remove bags, dark circles, reduce puffiness of the eyelids, prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles. The mask is gently applied to the eyelids and under the eyes with a thin layer using a cotton swab or disc. If desired, you can put gauze on top. After 20 minutes, remove the remnants of the product with a napkin (if the composition is oily) or rinse with warm water.
Vitamin masks around the eyes:
- With olive, peach, almond or grape oil. Moisturizes and nourishes. In 15 milliliters of oil, add 3 drops of vitamin A, E. Mix thoroughly.
- With apricot. Nourishes and tones. Peel 2 ripe apricots, remove the stone, mash the pulp into a puree. Add 5 milliliters of sour cream.
- With wheat germ oil. Fights wrinkles. Mix and apply on the eyelids and under the eyes the following composition: 5 ml of sea buckthorn oil, 10 drops of vitamin E, 15 ml of wheat germ oil, 2 drops of vitamin A.
The mask contains vegetable oil, it should be used with caution only at a low concentration or diluted. Otherwise, it may cause allergies. To enhance the effect of moisturizing, after applying an oil mask under the eyes, do a lymphatic drainage massage.
Vitamins for the skin in preparations
To improve the turgor of the dermis, strengthen nails and hair, it is recommended to nourish the body from the inside with the help of biologically active additives. Contraindications: individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Remember, to improve skin condition, dietary supplements may contain high doses of nutrients in excess ofrecommended daily allowances. Therefore, in order to avoid a deterioration in the state of health, during pregnancy and lactation, it is worth refusing to take such “beauty” drugs.
TOP 10 vitamin complexes that improve skin condition:
- Merz Special Dragee from Merz. The composition of the drug includes: biotin, L cystine, yeast extract, vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B6, B12, beta-carotene, D calcium pantothenate, iron (divalent) fumarate. Promotes enhanced regeneration of skin cells, slows down the aging process, stimulates nail growth, strengthens hair. Take 1 tablet in the morning and evening.
- "Shine Compliment" from Pharmastandard. Contains silicon, zinc, copper, folic, lipoic acids, biotin, selenium, cobalt, catechins, calcium, magnesium, iron, B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, C, PP, E, A. The vitamin complex has an antioxidant effect, protects hair, nails, skin from unfavorable urban ecology. The drug is prescribed 1 tablet 1 time per day with the main meal.
- "Doppelherz active vitamins for healthy hair and nails" from Queisser Pharma. The composition of the supplement includes: vitamins B5, B6, zinc, wheat germ oil, sorghum, biotin. Nutrients nourish the skin, optimize metabolism, restore the structure of hair and nails, resist the aggressive influence of the external environment. The complex is taken 1 time per day, 1 capsule with meals.
- "Lady's formula for hair, skin and nails" from Farmamed. Contains para-aminobenzoic, folic, ribonucleic acids, citrus bioflavonoids, rutin, selenium, manganese, copper, biotin, calcium, iron, betaine, L-cysteine, phosphorus, iodine, magnesium, burdock root extract, zinc, vitamins B1-B6, B8, B12, A, C, E, D. Compensates for nutrient deficiency in the body, is indicated for skin flaking, hair loss, brittle nails that have arisen on the background of hypovitaminosis, previous diseases, surgical interventions, pregnancy, lactation, stress, sudden weight loss, dermatoses, erosions, cracks, menopause, prolonged low-calorie diets, the use of aggressive cosmetics. The recommended dose is 1 tablet three times a day with meals.
- "Inneov Pure Skin" by Inneov Laboratories. The product is based on the polyphenols of white grapes. The complex has a general strengthening effect, slows down hair loss, protects the bulb, increases the volume of hair, nourishes the skin. Take 1 time per day, 2 tablets.
- "Laura" from Evalar. Contains vitamins E, C, wild yam extract, hyaluronic acid. The constituent ingredients of dietary supplements enhance the production of collagen, elastin, which reduce the severity and depth of wrinkles, increase skin elasticity, and improve complexion. Directions for use: 1 tablet per daybreakfast time.
- "Imedin Time of Perfection" from Ferrosan. The composition of the additive includes: extracts from grape seeds, acerola, seafood, tomatoes. It is a powerful antioxidant complex. Designed to combat the signs of photoaging, restore, moisturize the skin, eliminate age spots, wrinkles. Vitamin complex supports aging skin, protecting it from ultraviolet radiation. Take 2 tablets daily.
- "Doppelgerz Beauty Cellunorm" from Queisser Pharma. The composition of the vitamin complex includes: L-ascorbic acid, zinc sulfate, carotenoids, borage seed oil, RRR-alpha, horsetail herb extract, tocopherol concentrate. The tool restores skin elasticity, improves blood circulation, slows down the aging process, reduces the effect of "orange peel". Take 2 capsules once a day.
- "Kooten" from Akvion. Contains vitamin E and 100% daily value of coenzyme Q10. The additive smoothes wrinkles, improves skin tone, enhances the effect of taking external cosmetics. The recommended daily dose is 1 capsule.
- "Inneow Perfect Tan" by Inneow Laboratories. Formulated with vitamin E and emblica extract to nourish and prepare skin for the harsh effects of the sun. In addition, they neutralize free radicals, moisturize and protect the dermis from overdrying, and help achieve an even tan. Take 1 capsule daily 3 weeks before active sun exposure.
Self-medication is life-threatening, therefore, before prescribing vitamin complexes for yourself, consult a doctor.
Vitamins for the skin are useful compounds that moisturize, nourish and protect the dermis from adverse environmental factors. The main nutrients for the epidermis: C, PP, B6, B12, K, A, E. They help narrow pores, lighten age spots, improve cell respiration, blood circulation and skin regeneration, relieve bruises under the eyes, irritation, relieve puffiness, minimize visual manifestation of wrinkles, stretch marks, activate the production of your own collagen.
To maintain youthful and beautiful skin, vitamin supplements and face masks are not enough. You need to lead a healthy lifestyle: eat right, walk in the fresh air, drink 2-3 liters of water per day, sleep for 8 hours, play sports and get joyful emotions from life. Give up or minimize the consumption of coffee, alcohol, fatty, fried foods, get rid of bad habits and your skin will thank you.
Remember, beauty is daily work!