Vitamins for weight gain - substances that are part of enzymes and take part in metabolism. A person who wants to gain weight should eat high-calorie foods (meat, fish, dairy products) and rich in complex carbohydrates (rye bread, cereals, vegetables) so that the body receives enough energy to process protein, fatty food. It is impossible to imagine a healthy diet without vitamins. They do not stimulate or inhibit metabolic reactions, but normalize their functioning.
Consider how to prevent further loss and gain weight.
Causes of lack of muscle mass
Before embarking on a weight gain program, it is recommended to understand what led to thinness. Otherwise, if the cause is not identified, the course of weight gain may be ineffective.
The main factor that affects the formation of muscles is metabolism. All people are individual. Each organism requires a different amount of energy to maintain life processes.
Fast metabolism is the dream of representatives of the endomorphic body type, in which there is a predominance of transverse body dimensions. It is easier for such people to build muscle mass, but it is difficult to deal with excessive fat deposition. With an accelerated metabolism, it is extremely difficult to get better, because even at rest, energy consumption will be very high. As a result, fat is consumed at lightning speed for the needs of the body, without accumulating, so the asthenic body type requires a special diet to gain weight.
To maintain body weight within the normal range, the amount of energy expended should match the amount received, and for weight gain it should even be lower (for carbohydrate storage and fat gain).
Causes of muscle wasting:
- Increased carbohydrate metabolism (genetic predisposition). Thin people suffering from this problem need an increased amount of carbohydrates in the daily menu. They should account for at least 60% of the total calorie content of the meal. The lack of carbohydrates in the diet causes an imbalance in metabolism, a decrease in cells in volume, which leads to a decrease in body weight.
- Insufficient calorie intake. With increased carbohydrate metabolism, more calories are required for the overall metabolism of the body. In this case, to determine the need, the current weight is multiplied by "40".
Another cause of underweight is lack of nutrition.
- Hormonal disorders. In particular, thyroid dysfunction is hyperthyroidism (thyrotoxicosis). An excess of thyroid hormone causes increased oxygen consumption by tissues, which leads to an increase in energy metabolism (carbohydrate, protein, fat).
- Disorders of the digestive tract. We are talking about a reduced production of enzymes that contribute to the breakdown of products into vitamins, macro- and microelements, proteins, fats, carbohydrates. Their deficiency leads to the fact that food is poorly digested, and nutrients are released in transit.
Possible causes of thinness are parasitic infestations, gastritis, peptic ulcer, gastrointestinal dysfunction.
- Malfunctions of the pancreas. The consequences of this violation are insufficient formation of insulin, which complicates the supply of the body with components of carbohydrate origin. Without the anabolic hormone, nutrients cannot enter the cells, which means that normal fat, muscle mass is out of the question.
- Stress, psychological problems, against which appetite disappears, as a result, the body is in a hunger strike mode.
- Deficiency of vitamins, macro- and microelements. If the human body lacks useful nutrients, the development of cells, which serve as one of the main components in increasing body weight, is suspended. In addition, against the background of hypovitaminosis, there may be disturbances in the functioning of the digestive tract, pancreas and thyroid gland, which affect metabolic reactions in the body.
The consequences of thinness
Remember, an improperly selected diet, poor in vitamin and mineral composition and calories, negatively affects the state of the body:
- body weight decreases;
- immunity suffers, the frequency of viral and infectious diseases increases;
- psycho-emotional balance is disturbed (irritability, nervous breakdowns appear);
- fatigue, lethargy;
- malfunctions of the hormonal system, which entails changes in the internal organs (sometimes irreversible);
- muscle weakness;
- decrease in mental activity, working capacity;
- developmental delay in children;
- menstrual irregularities in women;
- decreased sperm production in men;
- prolonged inflammatory reactions;
- death due to extreme exhaustion of the body.
Underweight is a “signal” of problems in the body that cannot be ignored.
Vitamins and minerals for body weight
To determine the physical condition, it is first necessary to determine the individual body mass index (BMI): weight (in kilograms) Divide by your height (in meters) squared. Compare the resulting figure with the norm.
- 16 and below - underweight (obvious);
- 16 - 18.5 - underweight;
- 18.5 - 24.99 - norm;
- 25 - 30 - overweight;
- 30 - 35 - obesity of the I degree;
- 35 – 40 – II degree obesity;
- 40 and above – III degree obesity.
Thus, if the body mass index is below “18.5”, you need to pay attention to the diet, make adjustments, be examined for possible concomitant diseases that cause a violation of the absorption of products nutrition or a fast metabolism.
Vitamins without which you will not be able to gain weight:
- Retinol (A). It serves as a kind of opponent of hormones that the thyroid gland produces to speed up metabolic reactions in the body. As a result, an overdose of these hormones causes the body to process calories at an increased rate, preventing the gain of additional mass. In addition, vitamin A promotes cell growth and development, which is important for muscle building. Retinol does not allow dry mucous membranes, which has a positive effect on the reproductive system.
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6).
Remember, the human body can only metabolize when it has enough energy.
Nicotinic acid, pyridoxine, thiamine and riboflavin nourish the cells.
Vitamin B1 is involved in redox reactions that contribute to the development of the body. Thiamine is partially produced by beneficial intestinal microflora. However, this is not enough, to replenish stocks it is recommended to saturate the menu with bran, yeast, whole grains. Vitamin B1 deficiency develops in violation of the digestive system, due to incomplete absorption of products. As a result, if the cause is not eliminated, nutrition for mass gain will not bring the desired effect.
Nicotinic acid controls the synthesis of proteins and fats in the body. It is an important nutrient for weight gain. The main source of the component is brewer's yeast.
- Vitamins E and C. Due to their antioxidant properties, they reduce the number of free radicals in the body, with an excess of which to gain weight is almost impossible. Vitamin C is found in blackcurrants, strawberries, citrus fruits, and E in sunflower seeds, walnuts, vegetable oils.
Preparations for weight gain
For rapid muscle growth, it is recommended to use vitamins A, B, E and C separately. In such preparations, the dose of the active substance (nutrient) is usually higher, as a result, the effect is noticeable after 7 - 14 days of admission.
- "Hi Tec Vitamin A-Z". It is an antioxidant formula - a complete spectrum of macro- and microelements, vitamins with grape seeds, extracted green tea. Vitamin A-Z supplies the body with a complex of bioflavonoids and has an immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic effect. In addition, the drug strengthens blood vessels, increases efficiency, accelerates the recruitment of muscle mass, restores the retina, and protects the skin from UV radiation.
The complex includes the following nutrients: vitamins A, B, C, D, E, K, calcium, chlorine, chromium, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, silicon, iron, iodine, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, molybdenum.
Take 1 tablet twice daily after meals with plenty of water.
- "Allmax Zma". This is a sports supplement that promotes tissue repair, the opening of anabolic zones of muscles, and an increase in strength. Allmax Zma contains vitamin B6 (3.5 milligrams), zinc (10 milligrams), magnesium (150 milligrams). The main advantages of the drug are the optimal ratio of trace elements, easy digestibility.
For muscle growth, men are advised to consume 3 capsules before meals (once) and 1 at night. Women - 2 pieces before the main meal (one-time) and half an hour before bedtime.
- "Mega Mass 4000". This cocktail is a classic meal replacement that serves as a building material for muscles. The composition of Mega Mass includes easily digestible carbohydrates, highly purified whey, milk, egg proteins, creatine, vitamins B, C, E and minerals (zinc, iodine, phosphorus, calcium, iron). The action of the drug is aimed at providing the body with calories and energy (for strength training, muscle recovery after it and the production of protein in muscle fibers), which are the main factors that determine weight gain.
The cocktail is taken 1-2 times a day 30 minutes after sports, between meals. How to prepare a sports energy drink: dissolve 150 grams of powder in 550 milliliters of milk with a fat content of 1.5%.
Pharmaceutical preparations for gaining body weight: "Nutrizon", "Peritol", "Riboxin", "Glutamic acid", "Elevit Pronatal", "Potassium orotate", tincture of the golden root, eleutherococcus, " Diabeton MV", "Cytochrome C", "Cytomak".
Are weight gain drugs harmless?
There is currently no clear answer to this question. Some drugs have a not very pronounced effect, but are safe for the body, others are effective, but not safe.
Remember, losing and gaining weight is a process that affects all systems. A thoughtless, reckless approach can lead to functional impairment.
As a result, after stopping appetite stimulants, metabolism or hormonal agents, weight may continue to increase / decrease independently of them. Therefore, before using radical methods, it is recommended to try to achieve the desired result with the help of folk advice.
Brewer's yeast for mass gain
Interestingly, it is much more difficult to gain desired kilograms than to lose them. Various methods are used to solve this problem: physiotherapy, vitamin preparations, dietary supplements, sports activities, hormonal drugs, protein shakes. One such remedy is ordinary brewer's yeast. This is a natural product, the uniqueness of which lies in the chemical composition, which helps to accelerate and restore metabolic processes, biochemical reactions in the body that stimulate weight gain.
The energy value of the product is 75 calories per 100 grams. The ratio B: W: Y is 68%: 32%: 0%.
|Nutrient content per 100 grams of product, milligrams|
|Pyridoxine (B6)||0, 4|
|Folic acid (B9)||0.108|
Brewer's yeast is a storehouse of fiber, protein, fatty acids, enzymes (β-fructofuranosidase, peptidase, glucosidase, proteinase), glucose, essential amino acids ( alanine, glycine, leucine, valine, isoleucine, histidine ).
Due to their rich composition, they have the following effects on the human body:
- improve the absorption of food and the functioning of the digestive organs;
- normalize metabolism, hormonal levels;
- stimulate appetite;
- regulate insulin production;
- stabilize the energy balance;
- improve the condition of hair, skin, nails;
- promote cell regeneration;
- strengthen immunity;
- reduce “bad” cholesterol ;
- increase efficiency, susceptibility to stress.
Brewer's yeast is divided into two groups: raw and autolyzed. In the first case, the product is unicellular fungi. They are contraindicated in people with a weak gastric system, a tendency to allergic reactions and candidiasis.
Brewer's yeast autolysate is a food supplement in the form of tablets or powder. This form is better digested by the human body than raw. Autolyzed yeast contains nutrients in an easily digestible free form and does not cause fermentation in the body.
To quickly gain weight, follow these rules:
- Eat at least four small meals a day. Nutrition should be balanced, without sugar, salt, unhealthy fats.
- Drink at least 2.5 liters of water per day.
- Consume brewer's yeast immediately after meals.
- Exercise regularly. With low physical activity, body fat will increase, with high - muscle mass.
- The minimum course of taking brewer's yeast is 1 month.
Autolysate is used according to the manufacturer's instructions on the package: 1-2.5 grams of powder, previously dissolved in 100 milliliters of water, or 3-5 tablets 3 times a day. For athletes with intense power loads, the daily rate is determined based on the calculation of 0.3 grams of the drug per 1 kilogram of body weight. If necessary, the course can be repeated after 2 months.
Contraindications to the use of brewer's yeast:
- allergy, particularly to penicillin;
- kidney disease;
- drug sensitivity.
Thus, the mechanism of weight gain with the help of brewer's yeast is the presence in their composition of easily digestible protein, essential amino acids, which perform the function of "building blocks" in the construction and restoration of tissues, which leads to weight gain (subject to regular physical activity). At the same time, vitamins, macro- and microelements, which are part of the yeast, saturate the body with nutrients, prevent depletion, and improve the absorption of proteins.
Vitamin foods for weight gain
To increase body weight, increase the caloric content of the diet by 200 - 300 units. The daily rate is calculated taking into account labor loads, height, weight. The daily calorie intake for young people aged 19 to 30 is 2400, for athletes it starts from 3000, depending on the type and intensity of exercise. After 30 years, the metabolism slows down, the need of a person with a “sedentary” lifestyle decreases to 2200 calories per day, after 50 years it drops to 2000 calories.
Foods for weight gain:
- avocado ;
- durum pasta;
- dried fruits and nuts;
- chicken fillet, lean beef;
- honey ;
- mango ;
- peanut butter;
- whole milk;
- brown rice ;
- durum wheat bread;
- hard cheese;
- vegetable oil;
- salmon ;
- sesame halvah;
- mackerel ;
- lentils ;
Sour-milk, fat-free products, on the contrary, speed up the metabolism, act as the usual means for losing weight, so they are excluded from the daily menu. In addition, caffeine stimulates metabolism, so tea and coffee are drinks that can take you away from your cherished goal.
Enrich your diet with slow carbohydrates (cereals, pasta, vegetables, fruits), protein foods (meat, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, milk) and healthy fats (vegetable oils).
A beautiful figure is not a gift of nature, but the result of hard work on oneself. To gain weight and normalize metabolism, follow a healthy lifestyle, moderate physical activity, a balanced diet, drinking regimen, avoid stress and observe a rest regimen. To support the body, when it is weakened by the struggle for the desired result, it is recommended to additionally use vitamins A, B, C, E. They will protect against viral attacks, strengthen the nervous system, improve the emotional state, supply energy, and accelerate the growth of muscle tissue.
Remember, gaining weight is much harder than losing it.
Regularly monitor nutrition, emotional state, which have a direct impact on body weight. Strengthen your immune system, sleep more, worry less and the result will not be long in coming.
Everyone needs vitamins: sick and healthy, thin and overweight. Do not forget to keep the body "afloat" and regularly take "vitaminized" courses twice a year: in spring and autumn.